Orange Level at Queensgate
As part of the Government’s Traffic Light Covid Framework, Queensgate Shopping Centre will move to the Orange level from Friday 3 December 2021.
Face coverings are mandatory for retail, please remember to maintain 1m physical distancing.
WHAT STORES ARE OPEN?
In the Orange level, we expect all retailers, cafes, and close contact businesses to be open at Queensgate Shopping Centre.
WHEN DO I NEED MY VACCINE PASS?
When you visit Queensgate Shopping Centre you will notice that, as the Shopping Centre carries out several different retail activities, different guidelines apply regarding your My Vaccine Pass depending on where you choose to shop. Under the Traffic Light Covid Framework the only vaccination verification that can be shown is the official My Vaccine Pass.
- Customers are not required to show their My Vaccine Pass to enter the Shopping Centre
- Close-contact businesses like nail salons, hairdressers, beauticians and massage can only provide service to customers who have their My Vaccine Pass.
- Essential retail stores like supermarkets, pharmacies, and banks do not need to ask to see your My Vaccine Pass.
GENERAL RETAIL STORES
General Retail is not required to use My Vaccine Passes and can open with capacity limits based on 1 m physical distancing.
FOODCOURT AND CAFES
- Cafes and Foodcourt retailers are open if My Vaccine Passes are used.
- Cafes and Foodcourt retailers who choose not use My Vaccine Pass may choose to open to offer a contactless pick up or delivery service only.
- Record keeping and scanning the NZ COVID Tracer app will still be required.
PLAY AREAS AND COMFORT SEATING AREAS
Play areas and comfort seating remain closed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK
Our Information Desk team will be wearing masks and will ask you to wait on the queue spots that are placed on the ground in front of the desk.
Equipment such as mobility scooters and wheelchairs are available. As always, we will continue to sanitise each item before use.
We are committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, retailers, and staff, and we continue to follow and be informed by advice from the Ministry of Health.
Please bear with us as information around My Vaccine Passes may change and we will endeavor to keep our community updated as soon as possible. As we navigate through these changing times together, we thank you for your patience and understanding.